Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday's Bag


Wednesday's Bag: Well I've made handbags out of jeans, both large and small ( the ever so popular booty bags) and I've made handbags out of skirts and pants, and now the first ever Scottish Kilt bag!! My friend and studio mate, Ginger, had a couple of kilts she was trying to figure out what to do with them and we decided this beautiful black and white wool kilt was way to cute to throw out, so we shortened the length and there was just enough left over for a very adorable purse--and so in style this Fall with tartan plaid all the rage. The hot pink lining was necessary for just the right POP, and the black patent embellishment was a must to keep in fashion, although after breaking a few needles trying to sew through all the layers of wool, interfacing, lining, and straps, I have now decided to transform this look and cut off the top hot pink lining that is turned over the outside of the bag and just leave a belted "waist" for a more simple 'look'. Anyway, I am hoping to share more fun projects with you later this week, which include more transformed clothing....wait till you see what I've done with a couple of jackets!!!
More later..until then... a new idea occurred to me: Helen's Hints to go with her Handbags:
Today's hint: Take a deep breath and just BREATHE!! I have to remind myself that all the time, and especially in this craziness of the back to school routine. Fall is a nice time to enjoy the fresh air.

1 comment:

Helen's Handbags said...

Very nice. Tell us about your website.