Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My new TOP SHELF bag



Well, sometimes all it takes is a little inspiration from a magazine..My friend, Ginger brings in clippings whenever she sees something really classy or cool, and of course, I couldn't let this one get by without a little tweaking here and there.
Here is the final result: Black and white classic hounds tooth, paired with luscious green velvet on the sides and down the front, with a shiny black patent leather belt down the mid line of the flap, with just enough yellow ribbon to make it pop!!
Never would have thought of those color combinations, but LOVE the colors and texture with the velvety feel. The lining has a coordinating black/gray hounds tooth and a magnetic closure, all topped off with a black leather belt, of course.
I call this my TOP SHELF because it is a classic and one of a kind, a little more expensive, but oh, so worth it!!Check it out on etsy.com in Helen's Handbags shop.

No comments: