Sunday, February 14, 2010

Upcycling Frenzy




Now that my favorite fabric shop has closed, people keep asking me where I get my fabric.....well, the answer probably won't surprise you, but the fact is, I get most all of my inspiration now from the local thrift shops and my closet!! I can't seem to throw anything away, so outdated clothing, even my kids worn out sweat shirts can be customized into a very sporty tote, or look at these beatiful sweater bags....not even felted too much, but with iron on interfacing and fabric support with additional lining, these bags are ready to face the day...and oh so stylish, not to mention one of a kind!!! The beautiful blue plaid number is from a vintage skirt, no less.... what will tomorrow bring??? Only my closet knows for sure....keep sewing and check out my etsy shop and website..thanks for visiting and would love to hear your comments.

1 comment:

Jackson said...

I love Zara. This is the time when discount zara clothes are available in the store. I am definitely buying dresses from there.